Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Force Is Strong in These Parts

It's been just about a year since we invented Dapper Dinner here at our house. We've had many more since the inaugural event, generally born out of last minute spontaneity, and it has proven a valuable tool for making an otherwise unimportant night feel really special. We needed one of those last night...after starting the week in the middle of a polar vortex, we ended it with rain, rain, rain...the snow has turned to slush, the landscape is muddy and gray, and we all needed a pick me up. I suggested Dapper Dinner; Sean countered with "How about Jedi Dinner?"

We're a bit Star Wars mad around here right now. Action figures, Lego sets, movie viewings, books, dress-up. It's been lingering for a while now - the boys dressed as Luke and Yoda for Halloween, so I'm certain the fascination is at least three months old. Like most phases, I am confident it will pass, but in the meantime I'm having fun learning along with the boys.


So we eat Dagobasta (spiral pasta with pesto) and the boys drank Yoda Soda (sparkly water with Rosa's Lime Juice and a bit of sugar). We ate in front of the TV -- which we don't EVER do -- and, naturally we wore costumes. Emmett went with Anakin, Finn chose Darth Vader, Sean pulled out the R2D2 costume he made for Halloween, and I quickly twisted my hair into a Leia do (the boys wanted me to be Padme but I had neither the energy nor the wardrobe for that):





 And that's how we make our own merry. Happy winter, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment