This makes enough for dinner and leftovers. The photo below shows the casserole as it looks in the first step. It's not the prettiest casserole once you dish it out and put it on a plate but, as my grandpa use to say, "it all goes to the same place."
Corn Bread Casserole
1 8 oz. can corn, drained
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, half drained
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 package cornbread mix (plus one egg and some milk as directed)
- In a large bowl, mix together everything but the cornbread.
- Pour into greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Make cornbread according to package directions. Spread over the top of the bean mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with plain yogurt or sour cream.