Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Favoritest Product Ever

Earlier today I was thinking about the facebook phenomenon and how it has transformed marketing, as suddenly there is a venue for friends to publicly announce their devotion to products/places/things/businesses at absolutely no cost to the products/places/things/businesses themselves.  And I was thinking how interesting it would be to me if everyone shared their one all-time favorite thing. I'm not talking about the raindrops on roses variety (why is that considered a Christmas song, anyway?) nor am I thinking of big ticket items...rather, I'm interested in that one product that in some small way makes your life a teeny tiny bit happier. 

Here's mine.

The Thermos Nissan 12-ounce Stainless Steel Tumbler, available at amazon.com.

In the last decade, I think Sean and I have each owned two or three of these. We've given them as gifts. We've raved about them to friends. We have carried them up mountains and across national borders. This is simply a wonderful travel mug. Here's why:
  • It's stainless steel, so it doesn't make your coffee taste like plastic.
  • It's skinny enough to fit in the cup holder of your car.
  • It's short enough to stand in the cup holder of your car without tipping over.
  • It can take a tumble and not break. It may dent, but it won't break.
  • But most importantly...it comes with a screw-on lid that seals SO TIGHTLY that you can pour your coffee early in the morning and still drink piping hot coffee up through lunchtime. And it is truly leak-proof - toss it in your computer bag, in your purse, shake it wildly up and down...no leaks.
I seriously love this mug. 

In the interest of full disclosure, the mug does have one downside, which is its capacity.  It claims to be a 12 ounce mug, but it actually holds a little more than 10. I deeply wish it were just a little bigger.

One other detail I did not mention is that the mug comes with a tea infuser. This doesn't matter to me at all as I don't drink tea, so I simply do not insert the infuser (I recently found four or five tea infusers in the back of a kitchen drawer). If you do drink loose tea, however, I think this would be a nice perk (and the tea drinkers that posted reviews on Amazon had great things to say).

So there you have it. My favoritest product ever.

So what's yours???

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, have to do some thinking on that one!

    AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one thing that makes my life much easier is John Frieda Frizz-Ease Cream. As I get older, my hair is less curly and more fuzzy. It's this crazy blend of wavy, curly, straight, and just plain out of control...and it gets bigger and bigger as the day goes on until it's in my face, clinging to eyelashes, and generally driving me crazy. But if I put a quarter-sized amount of this cream in it and run a hair straightener through my hair for 10 minutes, it always looks great and it stays out of my face. No more last minute wrestling with my hair before going anywhere because I'm always somewhat presentable.

    -Ami

    ReplyDelete